This Page

has been moved to new address

Mom Travels: Beijing and the Great Wall

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Vagabond Kids: Mom Travels: Beijing and the Great Wall

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom Travels: Beijing and the Great Wall

Vagabond Mom on Great Wall of China













Today I am getting set for another trip to the Great Wall of China, this time near Mutianyu and a stay with my co-workers at my boss's converted Chinese farm house. We will be working for a few days and then climbing the wall. I think this will be my 9th or 10th visit to the wall. Each time I visit I realize how small and insignificant one person can be in the greater web of life (thinking of the legions that died building the wall) and yet how very great mankind can be to build such amazing structures...I know, don't even get me started on the reasons it was built, it is and should be admired for its beauty now....


The Great Wall of China
Posted by Picasa




One of my deepest held beliefs is that to stand on the Great Wall should be the goal of every traveler, large or small. The kids have yet been to the Great Wall, in fact they have not traveled much in Northern China. But one of the plans is to try to get to as many of the UNESCO sites in Asia as we can, the Great Wall is one of the biggies... and Beijing has multiple other sites as well~



For my Monday Dreaming post it is time to change that, time to set a schedule and plan the trip. While we love our South East Asia travels and the kids love our trips Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia it is time to get back to Northern Asia. We plan on Japan this summer, now maybe Beijing next Christmas, 2011? Shoot for a white Christmas? Sounds like my dream is coming into shape!

Check out more Mondays are for Dreaming posts over here on Mother Of All Trips.




Mutianyu Great Wall
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At November 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good on you for planning it and trying to lock it in. Col and I spend far too much time talking about alternative destinations, researching, planning, thinking ... without actually doing. We've done some amazing things this year but so many things we planned to do never came off! We really want to make it to China next year with the kids. A white Christmas in Beijing sounds great. We're hoping for a white christmas somewhere in 2011 ... we promised the kids that this year but it's going to have to be 2011.
Tracy (http://ourtravellifestyle.com)

 
At November 9, 2010 at 2:28 AM , Blogger arrowssentforth said...

My husband visited the Great Wall in August, and he felt similarly "small" and inspired while there. Hope to get there with our son someday!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This may be my favorite Monday Dream ever - especially since you are so likely to make it a reality. I especially like the imperative in it - the assignment has been noted in my homework journal for sure!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

Tracy, just do it... I know you and Col will make it happen.

Arrows, I am glad to hear I am not the only one who feels small. I would love to see some of your hubby's shots if he is willing to share.

Mara, Thanks, I am sure it will happen... You are welcome to come join me :-)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow nice trip. That will be my goal too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home