This Page

has been moved to new address

Travel Quotes:Paul Theroux

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Vagabond Kids: Travel Quotes:Paul Theroux

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Travel Quotes:Paul Theroux

Starting this week, I am going to start posting my favorite travel quotes and a link to the book I got them from. This week is from my current book, Paul Theroux's Ghost Train to the Eastern Star.




This book is by far the most readable Theroux that I have read so far, while he is still judgemental and cranky while traveling, his honest opinons are going down in big giant chunks, so fast that I am going to need a new book before I to go back on the road next week.

"Travel means living among strangers, their characteristic stinks and sour
perfumes, eating their food, listening to their dramas, enduring their opinions, often with no language in common, being always on the move towards an uncertain destination, creating an itinerary that is continually shifting, sleeping alone, inventing the trip, cobbling together a set of habits in order to stay sane and rational, finding ways to fill the day and be enlightened, avoiding danger, keeping out of trouble, and, immersed in the autobiographical, for my journal, writing everything down in order to remember, reflecting on where I am and what I am doing."

And yet, we love it and I can't wait to start out again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home