This Page

has been moved to new address

Mom Traveling Alone-Tokyo Plans

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Vagabond Kids: Mom Traveling Alone-Tokyo Plans

Monday, August 30, 2010

Mom Traveling Alone-Tokyo Plans

Kamukura Kamakura


One of the best things about my 9-5 job is that I get to travel around Asia for work. One of the perks are those days that I can take the family. One of the disadvantages is though, those times when I can't take the family due to either my time constraints or school schedules and the like. I am off tomorrow on a plane to Tokyo and this trip is one that the Vagabondkids will be staying in Singapore while I attend 3 days of meetings. I arrive Tuesday evening and plan to head towards Memory Alley (or Piss Alley depending on who you are talking to) and an early morning stop at Tsukiji for some super fresh Sushi right off the boat before a thrilling session of export control laws and compliance seminars.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE WHOLESALE FISH MARKET AT TSUKIJI IS NOW CLOSED BEFORE 9AM to TOURISTS AND A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF 140 PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED TO VIEW THE AUCTIONS.

Tokyo Boys Tokyo Boys


It has been 8 years since my last visit to Japan (not counting Narita International) and I look forward to doing parts of the city on my own. But I wish I was able to take the family, I love I love looking back at these pictures of our trip 8 years ago (even more so that my son just celebrated his 9th birthday!) and think of all of the adventures we could have as a family. Tokyo itself is pretty fun, if not a bit challenging, but the Japanese people are friendly and easygoing and always willing to help a stranded tourist. Declan, of course doesn't recall any of the trip and Kiera was just a peanut (no morning sickness made travel while pregnant with her a breeze).


After my meetings end on Friday afternoon I have a day and a half to explore more of Tokyo tand the surrounds. I will have some work collegues with me so I am not sure where we will go. Maybe up to Nikko for some hikes but I don't think I will make it to Kamakura nor will I hit the Tokyo Disney resort this trip (normally when traveling with the family these would be required stops!). I would like to stay in Tokyo proper for Sunday morning and hit the Cosplay and Harajuku scene in the Morning and maybe a hike around Aoyama to check out some amazing modern architecture. I am not sure this itenerary is much different than it would be with the kids, but I will definatly be doing more in my 2 days off than I would with the kids. I may treat this trip as "planning" trip as our plans continue to morph for next summer a trip and going to Tokyo family is in the works.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home